Friday, August 29, 2008

Leaves and backyard creatures






The kids, including our dog Twinky having fun jumping in a pile of leaves I just raked up.



Later in the evening Lindsey spotted what looked like a rat running outside the edge of our sliding glass door. When Ernie went outside to catch it, he realized it wasn't a rat, it was gopher. Rats scurry away as fast as they can but this little monster just looked at Ernie as if to say "yeah, I'm the one digging the holes in your front yard, what about it?" I have to admit though, he looked kinda cute. Lindsey and Nikki even told their dad not to hurt it. He put it in a box and the three of them drove a few blocks to let it go at a nearby school.




1 comment:

=PurpleTeenG= said...

hi, your blog is kind of cool for a mother... My mother wouldn't allow us to play on the pile of leaves.. hehehe.. way to go.. the gopher looks very cute...
All the best..
When you have the time, do come visit my blog to...

Take k..

=Purple Teeng=