Thursday, August 6, 2009

Have headache, can't sleep....

This week went by fast. Work has been extremely busy and my days just fly by which I guess is a good thing. Mom left for Miami on Sunday so there goes my babysitter for the next couple weeks. Thankfully my cousin offered to watch the kids for a couple days since she happened to be on vacation this week. That was a big help. My father in-law and step-mother in-law live with us so we were able to coordinate a schedule so that one of them is able to babysit while the other is at work. The kids don't know it but I'm only working 2 1/2 hours tomorrow then taking the rest of the day off. Haven't decided yet where I'll take them. I think they'll be happy to go anywhere just as long as they get out of the house.

It's 10:40 at night and I have a headache and can't seem to go to sleep. It's not a matter of not being able to fall asleep, it's more of a matter of not being able to tear myself away from the computer. What's my deal? We're going camping in a couple weeks and Ernie suggested we take the laptop. I said "no way". That's the whole point of getting away, to relax and to leave everything electronic behind. No TV, no internet, no Wii, and no Nintendos. But I do have to admit having the Nintendo does come in handy for those long trips when the kids get antsy and bored and start to whine. Ahhh... can't wait for our little vacation away from everything. Just our little familia up in the mountains near the water...heaven!

No comments: