Sunday, June 19, 2011

Birthday Card

Yesterday we attended a Quinceanera (think that's how you spell it) celebration. In most latin american countries this event celebrates a young girl turning 15 years old as she transitions from child to womanhood. A very meaningful time for the "quinceanera" and her family. I made this card for Kimmie (my cousin's stepdaughter). I chose lavendar because it was the color of the "damas (young girls who were in the court of honor). My daughters were going to participate but had to pull out early on in the planning process because my oldest Lindsey was extremely busy with school which would have made it hard for us to drive each week to L.A. for the dance rehearsals.

Enjoy the card and please feel free to leave comments as I appreciate any constructive criticism.






No comments: