Sunday, May 25, 2008

Embellishments


This morning we took the kids to the park after their music lessons. I took advantage of some good photo opportunities. Some of which I will download shortly (I left the camara in the car, too lazy to go out and get it). Memory works has some really cool Fancy Pants and Daisy D's scrap paper designs that I can't wait to get my hands on. I haven't had much experience with embellishments such as eyelets and ribbons and things. Though I'm sure they're simple to use, it just never crossed my mind to use them until I joined Memory Works. I hope to really jump in and experiment with different things. I've been too conservative with my layouts and sometimes afraid to try new things for fear that they might take away the focus on the photos themselves. I've just learned to not hold back. There really is no right or wrong way to lay out your favorite pictures. Just gather some good quality paper that is acid and lignan free and some cute embellies and just have fun with it. I have attached a picture of the flowers I use. You can get a jar of 300 for $6.00. Not bad!


No comments: