Friday, September 12, 2008

"From My Heart"

Sometimes kids do things that can really test your patience or make you want to step outside and take deep breaths while you count to ten. Heaven knows I've had plenty of those moments. There have even been times when I've lost my cool with my kids. But today Nikki did something that would make me forget about the dirty dishes, the scattered toys, the three loads of laundry waiting for me and all the crankiness that came with it. As soon as she came home from school she had it in her head that she wanted to write a "story" about her family. She got some paper and some crayons and went right to work. When she was finished she proudly showed me her story. My heart just overflowed with emotion. When I asked her "where did this come from?" she answered, "from my heart". Here are some pictures I took of each page. Some of it may be hard to read so I've type it out to make it easier.

"There once was a girl she was kind and sweet. She had a big sister and she was eleven. They both loved each other very much. They got along most of the time and some day they will become doctors. Once they become doctors they will half to help a lot of peolpe even our parents. They love us and hoping to help them. We love them to and we are hoping to do the same thing. Once we get old we are going to have grandchildren. And we are going to love them very much as we love are mom and dad. Every one is suppose to love God are family does love God very much and we love Him. Jesus died on the cross for our sins but some people are still sining but hopfully they will stop. People must stop sining. A lot of people do not beilive in God. But some day they will."



No comments: