Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Missing Mom

Mom has been vacationing in Miami for almost 3 weeks now. The kids miss her, I miss her. She arrives sometime this Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately we'll only have a short time to spend with her to hear all about her trip before we leave for camping the next morning.


My parents and Gonzalo are considering relocating to Miami. The weather really agrees with my mom and as my brother puts it "her later years should be spent with her family". I have several cousins who live there and almost every year my aunts and uncles go there to visit. She's lucky if she gets to see her siblings once every two years. I notice she gets lonely for them. I'd love for my mom to be around her family more but the selfish side of me can't stomach the possibility of her moving away. Unfortunately we can't relocate because we feel our jobs are stable at the moment and the last thing we'd want to do is rock the boat. Other reasons are the kids school and a few other factors that come to play. Mom and dad would have to sell their home and get rid of all the junk my dad has accumulated. I'd say about 40 years worth. I know thats a task that weighs heavily on his shoulders as we are always on his case about cleaning out the garage. I bet he can Ebay a bunch of stuff and make a small fortune. He just has a hard time letting go of his "stuff". I know it drives my mom nuts . Silly man. We'll have to see what happens.

No comments: